PROREND EIFS Adhesive System
External Wall Insulation Finishing Systems
ProRend External Insulation Finishing System, EIFS for short, is a complete external wall insulation system with a durable rendered finish.
This insulated render system is perfect for both new buildings and renovating existing properties. ProRend EIFS is fantastic for all types of buildings, both residential and commercial. ProRend EIFS can be installed using an adhesive system or a rail system.
ProRend EIFS Adhesive Overview
The ProRend EIFS adhesive system offers high thermal efficiency and a durable, long-lasting finish. By using expanded polystyrene and mineral fibre insulation, adhered to masonry substrates or backing boards, the ProRend EIFS adhesive system can achieve a range of u-values using different insulation thicknesses.
The ProRend EIFS adhesive system comes with a 10-year product guarantee against material failure.
The system is particularly suited to new build and renovation projects onto masonry backgrounds and backing boards where no cavity is needed behind the insulation.
Features and benefits
- Thermal efficiency – achieve u-values down to 0.15 W/m2K or less
- Suitable for new build and renovation projects
- Building regulation part B compliant
- Building regulation part L compliant
- Water tight façade
- Breathable render system
- Low maintenance
Ventilation Services, Flue Pipe And Fixing Pattresses
- Fixing pattress made of solid timber
- Maximum dimensions: 300mm x 300mm
- Thickness of pattress to match thickness of insulation
- Mechanically fixed back to substrate
- Avoid primary insulation joints within 150mm of fixing pattress
- Ventilation services fitted through centre of insulation panel without joints
- Avoid ventilation service at edge of insulation panel
- Hot flue requires mineral fibre insulation (if primary insulant is EPS) around hot flue pipe
- Hot flue fitted through centre of insulation panel without joint
- For systems using EPS as primary insulant minimum distance of EPS from hot flue to be determined during system design
- Avoid hot flue at edge of insulation panel
Fire Barrier In EPS Adhesive
- Mineral Wool Lamella insulation fitted at floor level between EPS insulation panels
- Fire barrier panels fitted block bond so joints alternate with EPS joints – minimum 150mm stagger
- Adhesive mortar used to rear of fire barrier panels
- Mechanical fixings used to secondary fix fire barrier panels to substrate
- Stainless steel fire bead to thickness of insulation mechanically fixed to the substrate coincident with party wall of adjacent dwellings
- Flexible PVCu joints between adjacent fire beads
- Minimum 100mm overlap between layers of mesh
- 300x300mm reinforcement squares at corners of apertures at 45&dec;
- Applied within 4-7mm ProRend Lite basecoat
Following application of the insulation components of ProRend EIFS the decorative render system is applied:
- ProBead Noseless Meshed Angle beads to corners
- ProBead Window Protection Beads to window and door returns
- 4-7mm ProRend Lite mesh-coat with embedded ProMesh Grade 3 – see figure 24 above
- ProRend Colourtex Primer
- ProRend Colourtex Finish
Refer to ProRend brochure for application, technical details and CE markings of ProRend render products.
A wide range of tools and fixings are available which are used during the application of the ProRend EIFS system. Further details will be stated as part of the written documentation for the project.
Sample U-value Calculation†
|Construction||Thickness, m||Lambda, W/mK||R, m2K/W|
|ProRend EIFS EPS 70 Platinum||0.0900||0.030||3.0|
|BS EN 12524 Render, Lime, Sand||0.0200||0.800||0.03|
|215m Brick Wall||0.2150||0.770||0.13|
|BS EN 12524 Gypsum Plastering||0.0150||0.570||0.03|
|0.3605||R = 3.09m2K/W|
|U = 0.29W/m2K|
† U value calculations according to BS EN ISO 6946
We can also help you find an installer of external wall insulation in your area, so give us a call if you are renovating.
ProRend EIFS is an excellent choice for modern new builds, as it achieves clean lines and can follow curved surfaces. You or your architect can contact us for consultancy on design and to find installers.
SWIGA Guarantees are 25-year, insurance backed guarantees offering cover against defects in materials, workmanship and design.
The SWIGA guarantee is available as a separate guarantee to SAS Europe's own ten-year product guarantee and is supplied by SWIGA.
- The work must be completed by a SWIGA contractor member
- The contractor carrying out the work must be PAS2030 certified
- The installed system must belong to a SWIGA system certificate holder member
- The installed system must be BBA certified
- The property must be four stories or less
- A fee must be paid to SWIGA by the property owner see the SWIGA website
- Installers must be registered with SWIGA
- Installers must be trained by the system manufacturer
- Installers must be PAS2030 certified
- A minimum of one PAS2030 certified installer must be on-site for every four uncertified installers at all times.
- Installers must submit a pre-notification form to SWIGA at least five working days before the installation start date.
- Work cannot commence until the installers have received authorisation from SWIGA.
- Installers must submit the application for the guarantee once the work is completed and the installation has been signed off by the system manufacturer.
SAS (Europe) Ltd's Obligations
- SAS must train the installers to PAS2030
- SAS must issue installers with ID cards
- SAS must endorse the installers application to become SWIGA registered
- SAS must carry out a minimum of two 'work-in-progress' site inspections per year for each installer
- SAS must advise SWIGA of the names of trained individuals